Your cart is currently empty.
Who doesn't love a refreshing cup of boba tea on a warm day? With its sweet flavor and chewy tapioca pearls, boba tea has become a popular drink worldwide. This delicious and refreshing drink is usually prepared by combining tea with milk or fruit flavors and adding chewy tapioca pearls. However, the high sugar content and the use of artificial sweeteners in some varieties of boba tea can make it a less-than-ideal choice for those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle. But don't worry! You can enjoy a healthier version of this beloved drink with a few simple ingredient swaps. This blog will share some tasty and nutritious boba tea recipes you can prepare at home.
Choose the Right Ingredients for a Healthier Boba Tea To make boba tea a healthy drink, it is essential to choose the right ingredients. Instead of sugary syrups or artificial sweeteners, use natural sweeteners such as honey or agave nectar to enjoy the sugar-free bubble tea. Use fresh fruits or fruit purees to add flavor, and consider using plant-based milk alternatives like almond milk or oat milk instead of dairy milk. Additionally, you can choose to use healthier toppings like chia seeds or fruit slices instead of the traditional tapioca pearls.
Delicious and Nutritious Boba Tea Recipes to Try
Strawberry Matcha Boba TeaIngredients:
- 1. 1 cup brewed matcha tea
- 2. 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 3. 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 4. 1 tbsp honey
- 1. Blend matcha tea, plant-based milk, fresh strawberries, and honey in a blender. For the best and most refreshing taste, you can get your brewed matcha tea from Aura Tea & Coffee.
- 2. Cut fresh strawberries into small slices and put them aside.
- 3. Pour the blended mixture into your favorite jar.
- 4. Add a few drops of honey and freshly cut strawberries on top instead of classic tapioca pearls, and enjoy it!
Peach Green Tea Boba TeaIngredients:
- 1. 1 cup brewed green tea
- 2. 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 3. 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 4. 1 tbsp honey
- 1. In a blender, blend green tea, peach nectar, plant-based milk, and honey. You can get classic green tea from Aura Tea & Coffee for the best and most relishing taste.
- 2. For refreshing flavor, you can add freshly cut slices of peaches to a freshly blended mixture.
- 3. Your peach green tea flavored boba tea is ready to enjoy!
Boba tea does not mandatorily have to be an unhealthy drink option. By making simple ingredient swaps and using natural sweeteners, you can create a healthier and more nutritious version of this beloved drink. With the above recipes, you can now enjoy boba tea guilt-free while still satisfying your cravings. Try them out at home today, and let us know which you liked the most! Don't forget to visit Aura Tea & Coffee for several other healthy boba tea options.